Bangkok River Fair
From Strangers to Neighbours
The Banglamphu community together with the Chaophraya river network invites you to rediscover your forgotten neighbors who have a long history and connection with “Old Bangkok” and the Chao Phraya over the past 200 years. Enjoy our cuisines, crafts and merchandise and uncover our shared heritage of life along the Chao Phraya through exhibitions and art.
Hear our thoughts, understand our feelings, get to know us and show your support by joining our unique #MyChaoPhraya mural project where all of us can draw and paint our dreams and wishes for a better Bangkok and the responsible development of the riverside on a big canvas.
All artworks will be displayed in an exhibition located in many Bangkok landmarks later on.
Saturday, 5 August 2017
11am – 7.30pm
– Explore arts, crafts, food and ingenious local creations from eight heritage communities along the Chao Phraya River.
– Have fun at an Arts & Crafts Workshop and Cooking Demonstration
– Learn the history of eight riverside communities with the help from our “mini” guides
– Paint your hopes, dreams and wishes for the Chao Phraya River together on a giant #MyChaoPhraya mural
3:00 – 4:00pm
– Panel Discussion: Sustainable Development for the Chao Phraya River
4:00 – 5:00pm
– Anand Panyarachun, honorary president of the event, to preside