Have you ever dreamed of being a fisherman?
This September, Local Alike would like to invite you to explore the life of fisherman in Bangkok. San-tor community in Bangkhuntian District is the one and only fisherman village in Bangkok and the community can only be reached by boat!
- Take a train from Wongwianyai railway station to Bangborn railway station
*If you want to bring your own car, please let us know and meet up at Klong Pittayalongkorn School at 10.30 a.m.
- Take a local transportation (Song-Taew) to Klongpittayalongkorn School, the school is a hub for locals and Agro- tourism in Bangkhuntian district. The school has an abundant mangrove forest plantation which hosts various kinds of aquatic animal while educating its visitors.
- Make “kanom-jak”, the fisherman dessert made from coconut and flour
- Color your own fisherman pants using Tie & Dye method from mangrove product
- Take a boat to San-tor community, a hidden community in mangrove forest
- Enjoy seafood at Uncle Sorn’s house, the seafood is fresh and cooked by his lovely wife
- Bring the cloth for changing and you can either soak yourself in the canal in the midst of mangrove forest or take the kayak to visit local shipyard.
- Hand pick sea-shell in the farm, please bring cloth for changing. (In the village there is cleaning room as the picture shown on the sliding tab above)
- Visit the sea border of Bangkok and Samutsakorn then visit Pantai-Norrasingha monument by boat
- Give a little back to community, Uncle Sorn who owns the house we will visit always dreams of communicating to foreigners by himself. Let’s spare time to make this happen by creating a language-exchanging handbook together!
What is Local Alike?
The only community-based tourism platform dedicated to connecting local communities with travellers who look for meaningful and authentic experiences.
Our goals are to promote sustainable tourism practices and to preserve the culture and environment of Thailand and other Southeast Asian’s local communities.
We introduce community-based tourism to the locals as a development tool and also a building block towards economic sustainability. We care deeply about being able to help communities stand up and be self-sustainable.
View venue profile -
View venue profile -
Next on: 30 April at 12:00
The Dragon's Belly - Bangkok's Most Popular Chinatown Walking Tour
Hua Lamphong Railway Station
Next on: 01 May at 08:30
LaZgam Laser Games
Lazgam Laser Games
Every day at 12:00
The Sportsman Bangkok
Tuesday's at 20:00
The Knack Market #22
The Jam Factory
All weekend until 30 April at 16:00
Bangkok Farmer's Market at Gateway Ekamai
All weekend until 30 April at 11:00